Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"Help, I'm a pastor!"

If you've not yet heard, I think you'll be pleased to find out that God has seen fit to have me pastor part of Jesus' Church in Waxahachie, TX. 

We are Community Life Church!

I'm very excited about the opportunity and yet very aware of the responsibility that God has set before me in my new role. Pray for me, that I'd lead well and wisely in my service! Pray for my family, that I don't lose myself in my work and neglect my role as pastor-husband and pastor-daddy! Pray for yet-to-be-made disciples, that God would grant us favor in Waxahachie, to gather in his lost sheep and train them for God's mission.


The role at Community Life, as it presently stands, is interim and part-time with the option of becoming permanent. This is where the new position presents some obstacles that need to be negotiated. My current employer was unable to accommodate a request to reduce my hours by granting me Sundays off. That obviously will not work for us, so I will need to resign my position. 

Where does that leave us? It leaves us with the opportunity to exercise our faith and it leaves God with the opportunity to flex his provision. I'm as certain of this calling as I can be certain of anything that God has called me unto. God has brought this together; he brought Community Life to me and me to Community Life. And I believe that strongly enough to lose my current employment for the sake of partnering with them in God's mission to reach our city. God always provides the means to accomplish the ends that he's determined.

How can you help? 
  • Pray 
    • I need a part-time job to provide at least $1000/mo at less than 20/hrs a week. 
    • I need grace and time to be able to get into a rhythm that suits writing and delivering Jesus-exalting gospel-saturated sermons that catalyze mission.  
    • I need favor with the church to lead them in building new structures that are better suited to disciple-multiplication.
  • Serve
    • Do you live in Ellis County, consider joining us in Waxahachie.
  • Give
    • If I'm able to secure a job that provides $1000/month that will still leave my family operating with a $1000 monthly deficit. That's unsustainable.
    • I know there is no shortage of requests asking you for some of what God has given you to manage ('cause I receive them too), but I'm asking you anyway. :) Whether you are a church giving out of your mission's fund, or a fellow servant giving out of your disposable income, pray about giving and consider whether this is an investment in the Kingdom that your willing to make.1
    • Send gifts to:
      Josh Elsom

      c/o Community Life Church

      PO Box 2672
      Waxahachie, Texas
      75168 
      2 

Thank you very much for your consideration of these requests.

For God's Glory and in His Strength,
Josh Elsom



1 I'm pleased to discuss the details of my current financial situation with would-be donors.

If you plan on giving us a monthly gift please let me know so I don't end up with too many people giving us more than what we require.


No comments: